Thursday, August 26, 2010

What school jitters?

Yesterday marked the first day of first grade for Scarlett and the first day of fourth for London. I cannot even believe I have a fourth grader living in my house. I mostly fear the amount of homework that is coming our (my) way.

The kids woke up on their own, got dressed and ready for school then came in and disturbed my slumber.

I asked London, "what time is it?"

"7:25"

"what time did you wake up?"

"well, I thought it was 8 and got nervous we'd be late so I got up. When I looked at the clock in the kitchen it said 6:58 so we went back to bed and slept until 7."

"you slept a whole two extra minutes?"

"Yep."

"ok then."

That made me smile. My girls have been whizzing in their pants almost everyday over the fact that school was about to start. They were eating breakfast and both of them stopped and said they couldn't eat anymore and that their tummies hurt. Um, I gave them each half a packet of oatmeal. Don't overdo it on the oatmeal, guys. That was when i officially knew they were really nervous, yet excited. I remember feeling the same way! It was so exciting. As a kid.

We got them dropped off to their spots (they have to line up outside then the teachers come get them). I was a little nervous about scarlett because the school is so big and confusing-I get lost in there all the time. So I didn't care. I waited in line with her and walked in with her and the class. I'm pretty sure her teacher thought there might have been something wrong
with me but alas, I got to walk my daughter to her first day of first grade. It was bittersweet. And I missed them all day long.

I have pictures but because the apple people failed miserably when inventing the ipad and didn't invent it with uploading capabilities, we all miss out.

1 comment: