Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's about time, I know.

I haven't had the urge to blog recently, as you may have noticed. Partially because I've been busy, partially because I have no camera with which to take beautiful pictures to go along with my posts, but mostly because nothing is happening all. The. Time. I know, I know, I just said three lines above that we've been busy. But it's doing all the same stuff you're all doing and probably blogging about already.

So begins the random list of nothing and everything.

1. We recently went to Portland for our summer vacation and it was delightful. We got to see my sister and her darling family. Then i cried the first two hours of the drive home.

2. We go swimming. All the time. Atticus is a freaking nut job in the water. We start at zero entry, right? Then he continues to walk and walk. And walk, not allowing me to hold his hands, until at last his head is completely immersed, like baptism day. I pull him out and he's all like, what? Then grins. It drives me insane. I hate near-drowning children the most.

3. Scarlett recently strolled the hood carrying a water bottle in a brown paper bag. Yes. Just like the homeless and the alkies. This deserves it's own spot because of it's sheer awesomeness. I'm not bragging that she may one day pin that moment to be the beginning of the end for her but you have to admit she's one tough chick.

4. Atticus is all of a sudden 4 yrs old. We shaved his stupid head and it's probably my biggest regret. Of my life. Bigger than that one time I....well, you get the idea. The point is that he looks huge. I hate hugeness. I hate huge-looking babies. Plus, if I can't convince lee that four kids is our future, addy just may be my last human baby.

5. We saw shrek forever after or shrek the final chapter or shrek 4 (not sure of the official title) and I thought it was superb. Definitely the summer blockbuster. "do the roar" "I love you, daddy". Go see it. Now. After reading this.

6. Summer is my favorite season. I hate the heat. I hate that I "can't" wear tank tops but man, all of the craziness that is our summer is soooooo fun. BBQ's, swimming, fireworks, carnivals, night games, camping, staying up late, no actual schedule, kids playing all day with friends, etc. It's why I became a mom. All for summer. I birthed three chitlins for the sake of reliving my summers past. I'm that mom who cries when her kids are riding on the gayest ride ever, the carrousel. Fo real.

7. I am excited and not excited for the twilight summer concert series. The bands that are coming are well-liked by me but the crowd is not. I have not decided what I am going to do about this. It's free, which is a plus but I can handle only so many hipsters in one place.

8. We may be moving. Again. Our lease is up at the end of august, which is very soon. Maybe even too soon to decide where to go from here. We have a few places in mind. I'll keep you updated on this...

9. I still need that haircut I blogged about during my tax return post. I wear it up everyday in a clip thing. Sure, it's easy but time for a change.

1 comment:

  1. yay! your summer sounds great. crazy that you're thinking about moving... where would you go? maybe i'll come up and help you look. :)

    ReplyDelete